Sr. Exec - Design (Die Casting)
About the Business
Godrej Tooling, one of Asia’s most sophisticated Tool Rooms that has professionally managed manufacturing facilities capable of handling any challenges in design, manufacturing & testing of precision tools. The division is in the manufacturing of special purpose machines, plastic mould, pressure die casting, press tools etc.
1. DESIGN OF DIE CASTING DIES by :
a. Preparing 3D Models in Pro-E or Unigraphics for Products using concept of Mould construction, Parting line definition, Core /Cavity extraction.
b. Preparing Design concept layout in 3-D software by deciding on Feeding mechanism, Cooling mechanism, Slider mechanism and Ejector mechanism.
2. Leading a group of designers, guiding them in mould design and 3-d modelling imparting training in required areas.
3. Achieving individual & group productivity targets based on on-time and first time right parameters.
4. Compliance with the quality management system, quality improvement, productivity improvement processes & toc method of working.
The incumbent will be required to interact with marketing & external customer for order clarification.
1.·Preparing 3-D Models of products & Die elements in Pro-E.
2.·Preparing assembly layout in 3-D using Pro-E or Unigraphics.
3.·Leading and guiding a team of qualified Tool designers in Die development process.
4.·Attending trials and trouble shooting.
5.·Visiting customers for study of new processes, guiding them in product design and for commissioning of dies.
6.·Study of inspection reports and decide on the action plan for corrections and communicating the same to the shop floor.
7.·Maintain records & fulfilling ISO 9001, 14000 & OHSAS systems requirements.
8.·Knowledge of die casting processes.
9.·Knowledge of material properties of die casting materials & tool steels. Interphase of peripheral equipments & dies in the casting shop.
Essential Qualification: Diploma/Degree Engineers in Mechanical / Production
Preferred Qualification: Additional Qualification in Tool Engineering
Essential Experience: 2-5 years in Tool Design using 3-D modeling software (Pro-E or Unigraphics) and Auto-cad
Preferred Experience: Relevant experience in Die casting dies
1. Good analytical approach.
2. Should possess very good imagination skills.
3. Problem solving ability.
4. Good communication and Presentation skills.
5. 3-D modeling in Pro-E or Unigraphics.